Nugget of Wisdom:
“THE ONLY LIMIT TO THE POWER OF GOD IS THE LIMIT WE CANNOT PUT ON IT”
“So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”- Rom. 9:16.
TOPIC: NOT YOUR WILL.
This interesting verse has contrasted “Men’s Will” with “God’s Attribute” – mercy. It offers a simple explanation that our “wills and runs” does not count on our successes without God’s mercy. Although the Psalmist has enumerated numerous faces of God’s mercy to include “grace, healing and satisfaction ( Ps. 103: 3;5;8); yet it seems as if this nature of God is too far from us. The truth ” who satisfy our mouth” seems to be twisted, and the account is reversed. A lot of people have been so blown, very badly that seems there is no hope for them. Lives are torn apart, and many are carrying heavy burdens like never before. A time where abominations are overspreading everywhere such as never since the beginning of times and days. A severe times of trouble with enormous difficulty where depth of riches are shattered, wisdom and knowledge seems falling off, truths are tentatively trounce and hidden while basic facts appears unsearchable, everyone appears to be living in wilderness experience.
How long shall it come to an end, and the land be delivered. In all these, the ways of God are past finding out.
- Mercy is a form of God’s sympathy and encouragement (Heb.4:16).
- It doesn’t hold back from us what we expect and deserve ( Ps.103:5).
- The mercy of God is not limited to time (Ps. 103:17).
- It is a spiritual gift to life (Rom.8:15), and compassion to sick and suffering.
- Mercy is the very nature of God ( Ps. 103:8).
- Believe on God’s sovereign “Will” – mercy and compassion (Rom.9:15).
- Do not be antagonistic to your faith.
- Receive the word of God with all readiness in your mind ( Acts 17:11). DECLARATIONS:
- For your sake may God’s mercy act against what is troubling your existence.
- O LORD, I surrender my “will and runs” unto you. I depend on your mercy for my achievements. Let your mercy speak for me and show me all round compassion.
- Father, by your mercy heal our lands and infirmary of its infirmity.
The present situation is oddly enough to shipwreck people’s faith in God. We are most miserable and dying inside – a situation we can’t share with others. At the same time, there is no limit to the power of God except the limit we can not put on it. God’s words cannot be mutilated or chained. It is overweight with power and strength. It is complete if we could just see how better God is doing around us so we would be willing to have much from Him. Everything is part of His power: power to heal, power to deliver, power to break chains, and power to freedom from bondages and captivity.
Today, eventhough flash of pain is experienced in every home – high and mighty, the LORD God is merciful and gracious, capable of healing all our diseases, and redeeming our lives from destruction. He gives us a balanced understanding and hope in our desperation.