Nugget of Wisdom:
“YOU CANNOT LIVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE WHEN YOU HAVE NOT DECIDED TO HAVE A MEANINGFUL GOD”
“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God” (Matt.4:4).
TOPIC: WHAT IS GOD SAYING?
Hard times were coming; days of stress and distress were closer than we thought, but we never knew; uncertain economic situation is the order of the day, and now atypical pneumonia like disease – a global pandemic, which has humbled every high and mighty. The world is counting loses. Many deaths are recorded. Every one is fearful and selfish with panic buying and can’t think straight, but this is not the conclusion of the whole matter. What do you think? What is the conclusion of the whole matter? Does it speak to your mind? Have you prioritise death as one of your possessions and eternity as part of life’s necessary end? Which of the eternities? Heaven or hell? All these uncertainties can lead to unstable peace of mind. However, timely words of God can keep you (the Church) in the right course. The day of the LORD will greatly bring much thoughts, concern and destruction than this.
Your stand in times like these:
* The situation on ground is inviting us to treat and reconcile our ways with God. Rapture may take place anytime from now.
* Ensure discipline, build integrity and reorder your life.
* Inspire, encourage, inform, admonish self and others, as well as reinforce ethical and moral principles relative to personal behavior.
* The perils of misconduct can be very dangerous.
* Do what is right. Observe all safety guidelines. It’s no longer news that demands exaggeration. It is real. It’s no time to show rascality and live out a lassefaire attitude.
* Be ready all the time. Live a godly life ( 2 Pet.3:11b)
* Paul’s admonition to the Ephesians is “be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might” ( Eph. 6:10), put on the whole armour of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil, and against spiritual wickedness in high places.
* Trust in God, live carefully, be watchful and pray in this troubled times.
* Think clearly to be able to focus clearly.
* Be careful, don’t be dismayed and distracted.
* No evil shall befall you and no plague shall come near your dwelling.
* May you be awake unto righteousness and consciousness of Christ’s second coming, and prepare your mind toward rapture.
* O LORD, for the sake of the elects, shorten the days of this evil plague in the name of Jesus.
* Heavenly Father, with you nothing is impossible, heal the land and give your children a new hope of living in the mighty name of Jesus.
We are living in a critical situation; fighting with things we cannot see; and recording alarming casualties. What kind of testimony to the lost world can a believer utters. Nothing seems to have value any longer. In that way, what do you think is man’s greatest need? Is it obtaining higher education? Is it being successful in their respective business outing? Is it having affluence in position or fame, or judicial and positional power? You may be right and you may be wrong. It’s a matter of choice. There are essential or necessary to responsible living. However, all these things shall pass away, but Jesus remains eternal. So, man’s greatest need is to have eternal life. Repent and accept Jesus into your life today. He alone can give you the real essence of life.
Jesus is the “only way”- the way to eternal life. You cannot live a meaningful life when you have not decided to have a meaningful God. Decide for God today. A meaningful life is the function of a meaningful God. He that has Him has life, and he that has not the Son of God has no life ( 1Jn5:12); but the wrath of God abides on him (Jn.3:36).
What is God saying?
Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.