In furtherance of the compliance on the suspension of Church major programmes as earlier directed through wider publicity, the Uyo Field Superintendent of The Apostolic Church Nigeria, Pastor I. N. George, Ph.D, on behalf of the Territorial Chairman, Apostle A. O. Udoiyak has outlined directives on how church services should be held across the Field.
1. Sunday Service will hold on Sunday April 5, 2020 in all local assemblies across the Field.
2. Service will hold in batches with not more than twenty (20) people per batch.
3. Assemblies with large auditoriums should convene congregants in groups of twenty (20) simultaneously at various spots within the auditorium with designated Elders coordinating each group.
4. Notwithstanding the directives above, congregants must compulsorily be made to undergo COVID-19 preventive measures beginning from the point of entry.
5. With regards to (4) above, all assemblies must provide outdoor hand washing facilities with running water, alcohol-based hand sanitizer and screening kits at all entry points and ensure strict adherence to social distancing with at least one metre space between persons (outdoor and indoor)
6. Church officers at all levels across the Field should continue to enlighten the congregants on personal hygiene and other measures to avoid contacting the deadly Corona Virus Disease.
7. Subsequent directives on other relevant matters will be communicated. However, let the church not relent in praying to God for divine intervention for He alone can do what man cannot.
May God hear the cry of His faithful and heal the land.