During Stephen’s trial after his arrest, he addressed his accusers by going down the memory lane of God’s covenant with Abraham and his descendants. Worthy of note in today’s focal text is God’s permissible unavoidable slavery of Joseph whose brothers almost killed but later sold him to slavery in Egypt out of envy!
TEXT: ” And the Patriarchs, becoming envious, sold Joseph into Egypt. But God was with him.”- Acts 7:9 ( KJV )
Joseph did not die in his challenges. The presence of God made him to gain favour and wisdom in the presence of Pharaoh, who made him governor over Egypt and his house ( v 9b, 10 ). It takes the spirit of God in Joseph to forgive his brothers when he had the privilege to retaliate and possibly take their lives ( Genesis 45:4-5 )
1. Like Stephen and Joseph, it is possible to suffer legitimate for a cause that God allowed for a glorious end.
2. “If you faint in the days of trouble, your strength is little.”- Proverbs 24:10
1. Every permissible pain from God is a potential experience for a life-transforming profits.
2. Some peoples’ breakthroughs are not tied to their prayer or praise life but their forgiving life.
1. Sovereign God, I ask for Your strength not to give up in my in explainable troubled situations.
2. Holy Spirit, please help me to forgive all my offenders wholeheartedly.
Yours In Christ Jesus