THE SUCCESS PRICE OF LEADERSHIP:
Moses was first raised by God to lead Israel out of Egypt where they were slaves for 430 years (Exodus3:10). He fulfilled this mandate but failed the mandate of leading them to the promised land due to disobedience at Meribah (Numbers 20:9-12). This costs Moses, Aaron and a generation of Israelites to enter the promised land. What a huge price to pay for not honoring God? Nonetheless, God was still faithful to keep His promise but using another means.
TEXT: ” The LORD told Joshua, ‘ Be brave and strong! I will help you lead the people of Israel into the land that I have promised them.'”- Deuteronomy 31:23 (CEV)
THE SUCCESSION PLAN OF LEADERSHIP
In Deuteronomy 27:16, God reminded Moses to appoint a successor (Joshua), to shepherd the people to the promised land. Moses was also instructed to commission Joshua as the new leader by laying hands on him (v18 ).
1. The failure of man cannot discredit the credibility of God.
2. Succession plan in spiritual leadership can only be successful when God is involved.
It takes humility to accept God’s choice in leadership even when it looks foolish.
1. Pray that your spiritual and political leaders shall fulfill God’s mandate.
2. I ask for revelation to discover and pursue my roles in supportive my leaders not to fail in Jesus’ name.
3. I decree that every manipulation of the devil over my leaders’ ministries will fail in Jesus’ name.